This video describes the qualities of unwise or naïve stepparents and contrasts them with skilled step parents. Don’t let lack of knowledge, inexperience or wrong motives result in disaster and heartache for you and your family.
- Power Parenting: How to Overcome Homework Hasslesby Mari PlankMany children and parents are still homeschooling their children due to the recent pandemic that has affected us. It can create frustration and anger for both the child and the parent. Here are few simple tips to help you and your child successfully navigate through this season.
- Power Parenting: Teach Your Kids About Jesusby Mari PlankOne thing I regret is that I didn’t invest more time in teaching my kids about the Lord. We had weekly family devotions but I don’t think that was enough. Our culture is anti-God. We need to equip our children on a consistent basis to solidify their faith and build their strong spiritual foundation. Seven Continue reading Power Parenting: Teach Your Kids About Jesus→
- Power Step Parenting: 10 Top Things Kids Wish They Could Say to Divorced Parentsby Mari Plank
- Power Step Parenting: Traits of Healthy Co-Parentingby Mari PlankHere is a quick test to see if you have a healthy co parent relationship. A healthy relationship between you and your ex spouse has great impact on the health and well being on your children. A healthy co-parent relationship and lower the chances of your child engaging in high risk behaviors.
- Power Parenting: Drill Sargent Parentsby Mari PlankA Drill Sargent parent barks out orders, demands absolute obedience, uses punishment as a consequence of children’s mistakes. For them, it is all about control and a power trip. The real world doesn’t operate on punishment but consequences. Children of drill Continue reading Power Parenting: Drill Sargent Parents→
- Power Parenting: The Problem of Not Imposing Rules or Consequencesby Mari PlankThis parent believes the child will grow in a successful adult if the parents do not interfere, imposes rules or consequences.
- Power Step Parenting: 7 Steps To Success!by Mari PlankPower Step Parenting- It doesn’t happen overnight! Experts tell us it takes the average stepfamily 5-7 years to integrate sufficiency to experience intimacy and authenticity in a step-family. Here are some stepping stones: 1. Listening– a person sets aside their Continue reading Power Step Parenting: 7 Steps To Success!→
- Power Step Parenting: Respect The Biological Parentby Mari PlankOne of the challenges in a step-family is dealing with the biological parents. They are an important part of your stepchild’s life. In this short video, I share my own experience as a stepmom. As tempting as it might be, avoid any negative or derogatory comments about the biological parent. You are not there to Continue reading Power Step Parenting: Respect The Biological Parent→
- Power Parenting: Make Bedtime Blissful instead of a Blow-Upby Mari PlankWe as parents all know the frustration of getting a child to go to bed. Power struggles arise and so do our frustrations. All of a sudden, they are thirsty, hungry, or want a million and one demands! Here are some ways using Parenting with Love and Logic can turn bedtime into blissful.